INTERNAL MEDICINE RESIDENCY PROGRAM
Applying & Interviewing
- ERAS Application
- Dean’s Letter and Transcripts
- 3 Letters of Recommendation
- USMLE Score: Average of 220 and above (First Attempts only) Note: We require Steps 1 and 2 at the time you apply – please be advised that should you match with us, you will be required to take Step 3 by December 31 of your internship year.
- All applicants must have graduated from medical school within the three years prior to applying.
- California Medical Board Postgraduate Training License must be obtained within 180 days of starting an ACGME accredited program in California. You may contact the California Medical Board for further information, http://www.mbc.ca.gov
California Board of Medical Quality Assurance
2005 Evergreen Street, Suite 1200
Sacramento, CA 95815-3831
International Medical Graduates
- ECFMG Certificate
All IMG applicants must have a valid ECFMG Certificate or provide proof that it is being processed – you cannot commence residency without this certificate.
- This Hospital is unable to sponsor any type of immigration visas but does accept the ECFMG- sponsored J1 visa. We are only able to accept J1 visas for categorical positions.
- Our Program fills eight categorical positions and three medicine-preliminary positions through the National Residency Matching Program (NRMP); therefore, all applicants must be registered with NRMP. NRMP address and telephone number are as follows:
National Residency Matching Program
2450 N Street, NW, Suite 201
Washington, D.C. 20037-1141
- Our Program only accepts ERAS applications – paper applications will not be processed. US medical graduates may contact their Dean’s Office or visit the ERAS website at www.aamc.org/eras for information.
- IMGs wishing to enroll in ERAS need to contact the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) for their application materials and eligibility requirements. Application materials will be sent to only those candidates who meet ECFMG requirements. Please write to:
P.O. Box 13467
Philadelphia, PA 19104-3467
or point your Web browser to: www.ecfmg.org to begin the process.
- Our Program is a 3-year categorical program and 1-year medicine-preliminary program, and our academic year for interns is June 26 through June 25. We do not have any “fall” or “winter” positions.
- Deadlines: Applications are accepted only through November 30th of each year.
Interviews take place October through January.
Resident Benefits & Compensation
- CME funds, see "Salaries"
- Up-to-Date and SESAP subscriptions
- Remote access
- All residents receive a Surface Pro tablet at the start of residency for use inpatient care and teaching activities
- Health Insurance- your choice of 3 plans, Select, Premier, or a health plan with Kaiser.
- Dental Insurance- through Delta Dental or Pacific Union Dental.
- Vision Insurance through VSP
- Optional American Fidelity Dependent Day Care and FSA accounts
- Life Insurance
- State Disability Insurance
- Sick Leave
- Bereavement Leave
- Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and California Family Rights Act (CFRA)
- Pregnancy & Paternity Leave
- Medical Malpractice Liability Insurance (including tail coverage)
- Call Rooms
- Meal Card
- Two white lab coats
- Paid DEA certification to use at our facility
Vacation and CME Time
- PGY-1: 2 weeks (plus a 5-day gap between PGY-1 and PGY-2, not applicable to off-cycle residents)
- PGY-2: 3 weeks (plus up to 5 days of CME time approved on a case-by-case basis)
- PGY-3: 3 weeks (plus up to 5 days of CME time)
- Residency retreats
- Dedicated time each month as a class (for example, PGY-I class only) to talk to the chiefs during closed door meetings
- Employee Assistance Program (confidential counseling, psychological and other support services)
- Longitudinal mentorship and guidance provided by our attending physicians in private meetings throughout the year
- Gym located on campus
(As of March 2019)
- CME Funds: PGY-1: $800 per year; PGY-2 & PGY-3: $1000 per year
- Intern / PGY-1: $51,230 per year
- PGY-2: $57,886 per year
- PGY-3: $65,395 per year
- Chief Resident: $77,563 per year